Thursday, April 17, 2008

How can learning another language change a person ?
Learning a second language has changed my mind and the way I see things in many different ways. First, learning a different language helps you to understand much better another culture, and the people from that culture. Learning English as a second language connects you to the world, it gives you the possibility to communicate, and understand people that you'll never understand due to the differences of cultures and languages. Therefore, all this acquired knowledge from different cultures can change your understanding of life, and it will make you appreciate the variety and multiplicity of human beings that share our beautiful planet earth. Otherwise, without a common language such as English it would be more difficult to understand someone from Korea or Vietnam. Second, learning English as a second language has changed the conception of my own language for ever , because from now on I can see how important it is to have a correct grammar use. To conclude, this experience has enrich my vocabulary, my way of structuring sentences , and finally the way I can express my ideas.

2 comments:

Kathy Katherine said...

You have good point of views about learning languages, Pedro.
I agree that learning language helps us to understand the other's cultures better.

Nicole said...

You are not only a good language learner but a fantastic singer(and could be a rapper haha)!!
You got over 90 three times straight!!!